Thursday, April 1, 2010

And Now For Something You'll Really Like. . .

Currently reading - Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn

*sigh* I really miss "Moose and Squirrel." Something else to hook GK on. *insert Margaret Hamilton cackle*

But I don't miss my hair. Kathryn at Images Studio in Cypress whacked off a foot of the stuff yesterday. I still need to mail the tresses to Locks of Love. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to it today because DH and I broke our bed.



No! It did NOT break because of that!

I know, I know. It would have been a much better story if we had. This is an old water bed. How old? Probably older than me.

Baby Brother bought it used in college, and like any college kid made some half-assed repairs to the wooden frame. When he moved in with future SIL, he was told to sell it. I bought it from him, purchased a new mattress, and recently got a new liner for it.

One of the cheap L-brackets Baby Brother used crumpled under the pressure of both DH and I climbing out of the bed at the same time one morning last week. The collapse of the L-bracket literally stripped the screw out of the wooden base and ripped a four-inch gash in the liner. How it missed puncturing the mattress is beyond me.

Unfortunately, it meant sleeping on the living room and family room couches for a few nights until the new liner arrived. Apparently, we're the only people in the Houston metro area in a freakin' waterbed.

DH took today off, and with a little assistance from Ace Hardware, we hammered and screwed heavy-duty brackets into place. That frame ain't moving now!

On the plus side, I spent quality time writing this evening while DH took GK to football practice. I went back to work on a new novel tentatively titled Death Goddess Walking (or DGW from now on).

Will I finish editing AVT? Of course I will! But new pages for the next few days means some decent sleep for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment