Monday, March 15, 2010

Speed Reading

Currently reading - Flesh Circus by Lilith Saintcrow

If you read my blog on a regular (or semi-regular) basis, it may seem like it takes me forever to read a book. My normal reading speed is around 300 words per minute, roughly a page, which means I can finish the average novel in five hours or less. This assumes no interruptions from dogs having to go outside, family wanting dinner, phone calls from friends and relatives, etc.

Lately, I've been restricted to fifteen minutes a day during my break at work. Maybe an hour after I get home, assuming there aren't magazine deadlines to meet or football uniforms needing washed.

Since this week is Spring Break, maybe I can par down the TBR pile. Too many of my favorite authors are just waiting to be devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment