Saturday, March 20, 2010

Writer's Block or Excuses?

Currently reading - Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I've noticed an interesting trend. Lately, whenever a published author says "There's no such thing as writer' block," a swarm of folks start with the bashing. The pubbed author has no idea what she's talking about. She has no idea of the pressure the critic is under. Writing is art, and you can't rush art.

To date, not one of these critcs whose comments I've perused is a published author. Correlation?

As my crit partner, Christie Craig would say, "My daddy was a plumber. He got up every morning to go work. Not once did he say, 'I can't work today. I've got plumber's block.'"

And that, kids, is why some folks succeed in this crazy business and others don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment