Saturday, August 14, 2010

Panic Attack!

Currently reading - Dark and Stormy Knights, edited by P.N. Elrod

My heart's slamming so hard in my chest it may break a rib. I can't believe I did it! I really, really did it! I let my babies go.

Today, I managed to part with over a hundred books. Lovely books. Books with pristine covers, colors as bright as they day they came off the presses. Books with interiors never despoiled by human eyes or grubby fingers. Books that waited on my shelves, my credenza, my dining room table for years, longing for the day when they would have my sole, undivided attention.

Yesterday, I touched each one lovingly, promising them I would find them a good home as they were placed in boxes. Now, I leave them in the care of Jerre, one of my RWA chaptermates, and her Friends of the Library.

Good-bye my pretties! Jerre will take good care of you.

Oh God, I think I'm going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment