Wednesday, August 3, 2011

May Neter Bless Your Soul, Miz Leslie

When I opened my e-mail yesterday, the first message held some fantastic personal news.

Then I read the second one.

Leslie Esdaile Banks passed from this plane yesterday morning after a short bout with cancer. She was a marvelous storyteller and a truly kind soul. I had the fortune of meeting her six years ago the Romance Writers of America conference in Reno. She was so sweet and encouraging to a flustered new writer.

She is an inspiration, and I don't think she realized what her words at that time meant to me.

The Liars Club auction planned for this Saturday in her hometown of Philadelphia will still be held since her daughter Helena, a college student, is still dealing with the massive medical bills and now her mother's funeral. If you can't attend the event, please consider donating at the link above.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment