Sunday, December 15, 2013

26 Days of Christmas - The Romantic Movie I Watch with My Hubby

Once upon a time, It's a Wonderful Life was the throw-away movie every independent TV station carried because the rights were so cheap. But those repeated viewings in December made an impression on my generation, and we realized that the Boomers' mantra "Greed is good," wasn't true.

I love movies from the '30's and '40's, and I have an extensive collection for someone my age. Ironically, my Boomer hubby hadn't seen a lot of them, and I gradually have gotten him hooked. This is the movie we watch together after GK goes to bed on Christmas Eve.

Why I love this: Every couple has their ups and downs, but frankly, my nineteen years with DH have been a fucking roller coaster. George and Mary Bailey remind us to be thankful for everything that comes our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment