Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I Have the Coolest Readers!

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, cheers me up like getting a note from a reader. No awards, no acknowledgement from some industry giant, not even large numbers in my bank account matches. Whether it's over the multiple social media accounts I possess or a private e-mail, a message from a reader gives me warm fuzzies.

One message I received yesterday was from a fan of Alter Ego's, letting her know he spent his Apple lawsuit settlement money on her books.

(Which by the way, check your ebook accounts. The money would have been deposited as a credit in your account with the retailer, like Amazon. I didn't get any settlement money because I didn't any price-fixed Big 6 books between 2010 and 2012. LOL)

The other message was from a reader who had literally finished A Question of Balance in one day and is, as she put it, waiting patiently for A Modicum of Truth to come out.

That's probably what affected me the most. She'd been reading my blogs and knew the multitude of overlapping life rolls Murphy had been pitching at me for nearly three years.

And she was patiently waiting...

That's the kind of loyalty that hits a writer right in the feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment