Monday, September 25, 2017

Not So Lazy Sunday

After a late Saturday where one neighbor dared to berate other neighbors for having a holiday party (mind you, the guy bitching is the same one who comes home from the bars at 2:30 a..m. with his car stereo cranked to eleven and all the windows down), DH got me up in time for the NFL Pregame show.

Hello, my name is Suzan. I'm a football fanatic. I'm the one who has the Browns game on TV, the Texans game on radio, and the Steelers on the NFL website, only because I can't get DirectTV's NFL package. Satellite dishes are prohibited at our complex.

After all three teams lost, *sigh*, I went to Paneras to write for a few hours. Yes, I could have done that at home, but the temptation of watching the Green Bay-Cincinnati game would have been too great.

I got home in time to make cheeseburgers before Star Trek: Discovery's premiere. I liked it, but not enough to shell out ten bucks a month. Sorry CBS!

After ST:D (and when you write that abbreviation, you have to wonder what the suits at Paramount were thinking), I returned to working on A Modicum of Truth.

A full lazy Sunday would be nice, but I don't think I'm going to get one until after May.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. I didn't get the football gene, although everyone in my family and a lot of friends seem to like the game at least a little. I remember just being annoyed when all the 49ers stuff went up all over the office back when they were in the Superbowl in the 80s.

    But I do understand the unignorable distraction. For me, when it comes to sports, that's the Olympics. Every other year, I do little or no writing for a couple of weeks, no matter how hot a roll I might've been on beforehand.

    I hope you got some good writing in at Panera's. :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody has their secret vice. I managed to keep it to just 1 PM games last Sunday. And I did manage to get a couple thousand words written when I was out. *grin*

      Delete