Monday, March 26, 2018

Rushing Toward the Holidays

Ostera has officially passed, and we're rushing toward Easter/Passover. Genius Kid has Spring Break, and we have a buttload of plans.

The print proof of Sacrificed is on its way. Hero De Facto is almost done, and I was hoping to finish it this weekend.

Instead, I woke up to Darling Husband worshipping the porcelain god and running a fever Sunday morning. Of course, he'd made an appointment with our realtor to look at another house.

So I went by my lonesome. It was a mirror of the house we'd made an offer on at the beginning of the year, but it was medium-sized version of the house plan with really dark walls. I can handle one charcoal accent wall, but the sitting room was light gray. The living room was a medium gray with a charcoal stripe. And one of the bedrooms was such a dark teal that it felt like a tomb.

GK and I are crossing our fingers we won't pick up DH's germs before we leave for Nashville on Wednesday.

To top off everything, the new people downstairs are smokers. Actually, I think it's just the wife. It doesn't start until he leaves for work and stops when he gets home from work. Or one of them is smoking really late at night. So my eyes are watering, my sinuses are stuffy, and if we want a house, I can't waste the money on another air purifier that breaks down two months after we buy it.

And if DH still isn't feeling good, we won't risk going to see Pacific Rim: Uprising.

I'm so ready for a break.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, paint is cheap. If it's otherwise a good house, buy it and head for the paint store. :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it was also missing the extra room for my office. :-(

      I just didn't get that much dark paint!

      Delete
    2. Ah, yeah, it's harder to add on an extra room than it is to paint the walls. :P

      Angie

      Delete