Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Movie Mania - Deadpool 2

In general, sequels are rarely as good as the first movie. There are exceptions. The Empire Strikes Back. The Godfather, Part II. And now, Deadpool 2.

Though to be totally honest, the part that made me wet myself with laughter was the mid-credits scenes. Depends, Poise, or whatever brand of leak product you prefer will be a necessary evil to attend this movie.

We went to AMC's double feature. Despite using the ladies' room between Deadpool and D2, well, just use protection.


* * *


SPOILERS


* * *


PROS
1) If you thought Reynolds got his previous disasters portraying superheroes out of his system, he didn't.

2) Zazie Beetz fucking rocked it as Domino!

3) I'm a little ashamed to say I loved what they did to Shatterstar because I found him to be one of the most annoying members of X-Force in the comics.

4) Unfortunately, Stan Lee didn't make a cameo, but the surprise cameos of some other fan favorites (referenced by Deadpool in the first movie when he arrives at the X-men's mansion) had me giggling.

5) The other cameo that had me laughing my ass off was the gentleman who played the Vanisher.

6) I was ecstatic to see Brianna Hildebrand back as Negasonic Teenage Warhead. It was even better seeing Shioli Kutsuna playing a decent, closer-to-the-comic version of Yukio.


CONS
1) Really, guys? You had to do that shitty, obvious plot thing before the opening credits?

2) I've got some mixed feelings about Josh Brolin as Cable. Ultimately, I have to come down on the con side. There's plenty of actors who could have done the job, and done it better. (Psst - Pierce Brosnan was free.) Josh did a wonderful job as Thanos, but it almost felt as if he phoned in the Cable role. And he didn't need a chance to redeem himself like Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan did.


Overall, I give Deadpool 2 10 stars out of 10 for the mid-credits shenanigans alone!

2 comments:

  1. Domino needs her own movie. Just sayin'.

    And Reynolds getting more of it out of his system in that one scene was awesome. [snerk]

    I also loved the soundtrack. I wasn't paying that much attention to contemporary music in the 80s, but still, they managed to use at least five or six songs I recognized and liked a lot.

    Definitely looking forward to a Deadpool 3. [crossed fingers]

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I got home, immediately pulled up the soundtrack on Amazon, and added it to my wish list. (I blew this month's allowance on the Pacific Rim soundtrack.)

      Delete