Monday, September 17, 2018

No Movies?!

Nope, no new (to me) movie reviews this week. I've been trying to catch up on my summer shows before the fall TV season starts in between writing sessions.

Over the weekend, a friend and I were lamenting over the dearth of movies we like in the fall season. I miss the paranormal action flicks like Underworld. He wondered why no hard science fiction movies were coming out, a la Interstellar or Gravity.

The only thing remotely interesting to me before the holiday blockbuster season launches is The Predator, yet another reboot. My desire to see it stems from the cast. Sterling K. Brown can do no wrong in my opinion. Though most people know him from This Is Us, he will always be Gordon Walker, the misguided, doomed hunter from Supernatural.

Is anybody else feeling like everything is a rehash? Is there some new flick you're looking forward to between now and November?

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Bohemian Rhapsody. :) I'm not usually into music-biopic type movies in general, not being much into music in general, but that's one of my very favorite songs, and Freddy Mercury just completely rocks.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Bohemian Rhapsody comes out 11/2. Queen is one of the few musical acts DH and I agree on. And I adore Rami Malek!

      Delete
    2. That one should be fun, but, you know, spoiler alert. That ending. :-(

      Not sure when it comes out but Captain Marvel just dropped a trailer. I'm about to watch it.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

      Delete
    3. Don't tell me how it ends, Jo!

      (The best comments I've ever heard were some of the people walking out of Titantic. LOL)

      Delete
  2. I've been reading more. All the acting, special effects and casting are controlled by me! And I'm a fantastic director.

    ReplyDelete