Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Maintenance Morning

I got up this morning, and instead of writing, I got caught up on a lot of maintenance tasks since I plan a massive writing expedition to my favorite haunt tonight.

- Entered basic information on A Matter of Death for its two ISBNs.
- Added the new covers to Bowker for one of Alter Ego's series.
- Tracked down the internet pages for Alter Ego's books on Apple, and updated the links on the general info documents.
- Started entering Alter Ego's revised series into Google Play
- Took down Alter Ego's series from her account on Amazon in order to add to the publisher's account.
- Started entering Alter Ego's revised covers and updated book files to Smashwords and Barnes & Noble.
- Realized the ending for Hero De Novo needs to come from someone else's perspective, so I can tie up loose ends and still leave room for expansion in case sales warrant another book in the 888-555-HERO universe.
- Jotted down some notes for HDN's ending so I'd know where to pick up this evening.
- Toying with the idea of a crossover event between my various universes, a la Michael Moorcock's Universal Champion. It tickles me, but would the readers go for it?

Sometimes, I need the mundane redundancy of office task work in order for my Subconscious to come up with an alternant storyline for a wip.

Cleaning the bathroom when I'm stuck on a story can do in a pinch, but the business clerical work is what keeps my publishing company going, too.

Now, it's off to write!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm imagining super heroes showing up to help Justice Anthea out, and I really want to read that book. :D

    Angie

    ReplyDelete