Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Recovery Day

After all the hoopla of releasing Hero Ad Hoc on Amazon Monday, doing a large (for me) promo on Hero De Facto, and going in for my latest mammogram yesterday, my body said, "That's enough excitement."

And that's after we didn't get to see Shazam! The movie was supposed to be our date night treat after both DH and I have been on the Hamster Wheel of Doom with the craziness of our respective jobs so far this year. But nope, our theater (the only one in town) suffered a power surge that knocked out all the projectors last night. So we settled for a quiet dinner out and the season finale of The Rookie before we went to bed.

Where I proceeded to sleep for twelve hours straight.

The first plus was the mammogram results were negative for my remaining breast. The radiologist had me wait until he could look over the scans since I now have a history of breast cancer. Hell, my cancer-versary is Friday. But no waiting for a letter in the mail, so WHEW!

The second plus is readers are buying or borrowing copies of Hero Ad Hoc. Any promo is a gamble, and it can take a bit for readers to pick up other books in the series. It was a relief to wake up this morning afternoon and see the graphs rising.

The third plus is my alpha reader finished Hero De Novo and loved it. So I need to finish up the proofing and pass it on to my formatter.

Despite the fatigue, the last three days have been pretty darn good, and I'm damn happy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good day. :) Lots of sleep is always good. I got home from the workshop yesterday, watched about 1.5 TV shows with Jim, and fell over. I think I slept for like 13 hours or so. I'm still a bit blaaaaahhhh... o_O today, but it's nice not having to scramble to get things done. :)

    Congrats on the clean mammogram! :D

    Angie

    ReplyDelete