Monday, January 27, 2020

Dear Postal Employee...

To the United States Postal Worker who cut open a box I mailed,

Yeah, you know who you are. The box didn't have an "accident".You used a box cutter to slice open the smallest side of the box I mailed to a reader. You dumped out two entire sets of my Bloodlines series paperbacks, one for the reader and one for his sister.

Even worse, you left the tracking bar code intact so the box would arrive empty. To a P.O. Box. There's no way you can say someone stole it from my reader's porch.

The box was stamped "Media Mail". Or are you really that much of a dumbass to think something that heavy would have DVDs or CDs. Holy Cthulu! Who uses material media these days? Only crazy-ass book lovers!

I know damn well you'd only get pennies on the dollar for my books at a used book store. Or did you dump them in the trash once you saw they were just books?

At least, I'm hoping it was greed that drove you to the theft. If you just took the books for shits and giggles, you truly are an asshole out to only hurt people.

Because you see, this reader has had an awful time lately. These books would have cheered up a gentleman who is chronically ill. You didn't hurt me. You hurt someone who's already had life throw a ton of shit at him.

Karma's a bitch, dude. And someday, she'll come calling for you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, someone is due a karmic ass-kicking. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This is worse than the sick UPS driver from thirty years ago who kept stealing my Victoria's Secret packages.

      Delete