Monday, January 20, 2020

The NINC Explosion

Closely on the heels of RWA's implosion, Novelists, Inc., aka NINC, apparently blew up last week over . . . wait for it . . . diversity. The furor spilled over onto Twitter. I'm not a member of NINC, so I can't comment other than from the bits and pieces I saw on Twitter, Alyssa Day has resigned as NINC president.

I'm not linking to any specific tweets. If you want to know, you can do your own research.

I can't deal with more crazy. EVERYTHING is important. I'm definitely not saying it's not important. However, I have to finish a book that truly is less harrowing with demons than the worse-than-usual shitstorm life has become.

So, blogging will be very light for the next two weeks.

I swear I'll try to find something funny to post for y'all because I'm so tired of people shitting on other people just because they can.

5 comments:

  1. Holy shit, again?? [headdesk] It's like all the dirtbags decided to crawl out from under their rocks at the same time. :(

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after the shit that went down in SFWA a few years ago, I can't really say that I'm surprised.

      Delete
    2. Not surprised per se, but you'd think they'd at least give us a cooling off period before pressing the next Big Red Bigotry Button. :/

      Angie

      Delete
  2. For reals. Sometimes you need to click off the Drama Lama Channel for awhile.

    ReplyDelete