Monday, May 4, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 54 - I Forgot My Cancerversary

DH pointed out there may be another reason for my insomnia. My second cancerversary was on April 19th.

With all my medical appointments getting canceled with the state shut-down and my own worry over friends who've caught the damn virus, I actually forgot. But my Subconcious didn't.

Now that the governor is easing certain restrictions, my health care providers are rescheduling my appointments. So, of course, I start my first Monday in May with a mammogram.

Maybe that's where a boatload of my constant anger is coming from. I did everything right to deal with one disease, only to face another one that could be just as deadly. One of the reasons I got through the cancer shit was reading and researching. Talking to my healthcare providers about options and percentages. Feeling like I had some control over my care and my future.

And then, like a sneaky little bastard, COVID-19 races around the world, doing weird shit. You have no idea when it's going to hit. Your only preventatives are hand-washing and face masks. And those aren't 100% effective because half the Goddess-damned country thinks it's a hoax or that it won't affect them.

*sigh*

So I'll handle what I can and post naughty pictures to let off steam. I hope the rest of you have a much better Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cancerversary! [hugz] And yeah, if there were any way to just let the idiots roll their dice, without it affecting anyone else (including their kids, who shouldn't be exposed to this crap just because their parents are stupid) then I'd say let 'em do what they want. It's the fact that their "liberties" are affecting everyone else's health that's so maddening. :/

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the plus side, they make me wait while the radiologist reviews my pics since I'm considered a diagnostic patient instead of a screening patient. I get my results right away rather than waiting for the letter in the mail. And I'm good for another year.

      But the security going into the diagnostic center today! Damn! Mask, temperature, checking off symptoms. I'm just glad I didn't cough or sneeze because of the dogwoods blooming right outside their doors.

      Delete
    2. Getting (almost) immediate results is definitely a plus. [nod] And yeah, it's spring, and folks with allergy symptoms seem to be getting more side-eyeing than usual. :/

      Glad you're doing well! {{}}

      Angie

      Delete
  2. If you really want side-eye right now, have a huge sweaty hot flash while you're choking on the damn pollen. LOL

    Thanks! Take care of yourself, too! {{{}}}

    ReplyDelete