Friday, October 23, 2020

What Are You Reading?

I know a lot of people thought the COVID-19 pandemic would be over by now. Unfortunately, the Spanish Flu pandemic a century ago took roughly two years to play out. I resigned myself to that fate back in June. Ironically, accepting that potential outcome helped me shake off the low-level depression I had in the spring.

Like many of you, I've taken refuge in books. Not so much new ones though, for which I apologize to my fellow authors. I've been reading a lot of things I found comfort in while I was in high school.

Stuff like the Star Trek Original Series novels. Hell, Barbara Hambly managed to cleverly insert the cast of Here Comes the Brides into the Star Trek Universe in Ishmael. (For those who don't get the joke, Mark Lenard, who played Spock's father Sarak in the original series, also starred in the other TV show.

Then there's Patrica McKillip's Riddle-Master series, Katherine Kurtz's Deryni series, and Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. I could keep going, but you get the gist.
 
So, what are y'all reading that's gotten you through the last seven months? What's on your list for the next seventeen?

No comments:

Post a Comment