Monday, March 25, 2013

Yeah, I'm Still Alive

Friday was the last day of Spring Break, so we had a family day. Breakfast out, a trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science, and everything topped off with a stop at The Cheesecake Factory.

The only disappointment for me is that TCF didn't have any of their new orange dreamsicle cheesecake though the white chocolate wild blueberry was an excellent substitute. On the other hand, GK explained in great detail that the Mayans valuing chocolate was a much more interesting exhibit than the Faberge collection to a preteen male. Which may explain why he ordered the Godiva chocolate cheescake.

This morning, we jumped back into our regular routine. Or tried to.

GK worked on four subjects while I was at the eye doctor's first thing this morning. Unfortunately, I was there much longer than I anticipated. What I thought would be a normal prescription adjustment turned out to be a severe reduction in sight in my left eye. My optomologist ruled out the usual culprits: cataract, glaucoma, detached retina. He even did a really cool topography scan of my retina, looking for wrinkles or tears, but he's stumped. And he's worried that he's stumped. So I'm going back in a couple of weeks for more extensive testing.

DH drove me home around noon, but the stupid dilation drug didn't wear off as fast as it usually does. I laid down on the couch with my eyes closed and a blanket over my head. Still couldn't look at the computer screen by 2PM, so I told GK to forget about science and social studies lectures (not that he was sad about this).

Somehow, I fell asleep, which is weird because I rarely take naps. Next thing I know, it's a a quarter to seven. Thank goodness, we run on Pacific time because of DH's job.

So I'm typing this while my pizza dough is rising. Wednesday, I'll be back to publishing/writing news since there's weird crap happening at B&N. Until then, go out and enjoy some cheescake!

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well with your eye -- definitely keeping a set of virtual fingers crossed for you.

    Mmmm, cheesecake. I haven't made any in way too long....

    Angie {{{}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angie. It's just puzzling right now. I've been extremely near-sighted since I was seven, so the difference between the two eyes hasn't been obvious to me. And the fact that I could recite the last two years of my HAC1 results blew the eye doc's mind. LOL

    I rarely make sweets anymore, much less cheesecake. DH and I usually split a piece when we go to TCF, which is only twice a year.

    ReplyDelete