Friday, May 3, 2013

The Last of the Christmas Mints

As I write this post, the last of my Christmas edition Lindor Pepperment/Dark Chocolate truffles is melting in my mouth. They're expensive compared to other chocolates, but they have a lot less sugar, which makes my endocrinologist happy.

I definitely need the chocolate fix. Today's been a little crazy. It took me a while to hit REM sleep last night. I kept waking up as the temperature dropped because I was too cold. I'd ditched the extra socks, the sweatshirt and the extra blanket a couple of weeks ago since the nighttime temps were staying in the mid- to high-sixties. So each time I woke up, I put on or added, until I was warm enough to fall back to sleep, only to wake up an hour later from the cold again. We've had 100-degree temps on May 1, but this is the first time I've seen forty-two in May since we've moved down here. No climate change, my ass.

Summer break fever has engulfed GK, so keeping him on track for lessons has been a trial in patience, a quality I lack thanks to not enough REM sleep. He keeps wanting to compare the U.S. and the Roman Empire. Sometimes, how clearly he sees things scares me. Other times, I wonder why more people can't be more like him. Then I realize he's stalling, and I try to force him back to the main subject of the Emporer Tiberius's stance on religion.

Now, I've got to get some writing done before Vegas is on. It's one of my favorite shows so I'm expecting CBS to cancel it at any minute. If they do, I'll defnitely need more chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, that last paragraph made me laugh out loud. I read it to Tim.

    PS: I can't find Andes Candies ANYWHERE. What is up with that? I haven't tried those you have there but I have no doubt they are WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep an eye out for you. Once it gets cold again, I can ship them up. It's already back in the eighties here.

    ReplyDelete