Monday, February 17, 2014

GI Joe and Kindle Worlds.

There's been so much happening lately I forgot to mention the fangirl *SQUEE* I had a couple of weeks ago.

Last June, I talked about Amazon's Kindle Worlds, the Big A's project to monetize fanfic with IP properties they have contracted.

Well, Amazon has contracted with the IP owners of GI Joe and Veronica Mars! Holy crap! Mother of us all!

GI Joe is the type of thing I would definitely take a chance on. Why? Action and adventure with a dash of romance. The style would tie in nicely with my own books, and maybe leverage some new readers out of the deal. This is exactly the reasons I would take a crack at Kindle Worlds as I explained in my original post.

I'm also still pissed that the live-action movie people killed off Duke at the beginning of the second flick. If the Hasbro folks are looking for a way out of that mess, they ain't getting a suggestion from me!

The only thing that would make me happier than GI Joe is if Hasbro would let us tackle Jem and the Holograms. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment