Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another E-Book Store Bites the Dust

I wasn't going to post today since I did two posts on Monday, but I found out this afternoon that Diesel eBook Store is closing shop on April 1.

Nope, it's not an April Fool's joke. This comes on the heels of Sony's announcement last month that they are also shutting down.

What I find amusing is that for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Amazon, Big Publishing hasn't grabbed onto an established e-book retailer and built it up. Oh, wait, it's because they have no clue.

I hope the employees of the Sony and Diesel e-book stores find new jobs soon. It's no fun being out of work in this economy.

In the meantime, I need to look into distribution through All Romance eBooks and Google Play.

And contact my web mistress about taking the buy links off after she spent all that time getting my website updated. I'll definitely owe her a Starbucks gift card for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment