Friday, February 12, 2016
A Very Special Monday Movie Mania - Deadpool
So we went to the special seven o'clock showing of Deadpool. Let me tell you, I laughed so hard I peed my pants. Not shitting you.
If you know nothing about the character of Deadpool, aka Wade W. Wilson, then first-off you need to understand that THIS IS NOT A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN. This is very much an adult flick. Think Beverly Hills Cop, Wedding Crashers, and/or Lethal Weapon. Just because Ryan Reynolds is in spandex does not mean this is a kiddie flick like Spider-Man or The Avengers.
* * *
* * *
1) Ryan Reynolds nailed Deadpool's insanity, inability to die, and omni-sexuality.
2) The totally inappropriate adult humor.
3) Ryan Reynold's gratuitous full-frontal.
4) Guest appearances by Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
5) Lots more shots of Ryan Reynolds shirtless.
6) 20th Century Fox has already green lit the sequel, which will have Cable.
7) Stan Lee's most hilarious and inappropriate cameo yet.
8) Have I mentioned Ryan Reynolds?
1) They made Angel Dust a bad guy, which she wasn't in the comics.
2) NTW now has powers somewhere between Cannonball/Havok/Jubilee instead of her precog abilities. In fact, DH thought she WAS Jubilee at first.
3) We didn't get to see Vanessa as her alter ego Copycat.
Okay, I admit the cons are my itty-bitty fangirl nits to pick. Overall, I give Deadpool 10 out of 10.
Go see it. Now. You'll thank me later.