Yeah, I know it's not Monday, but I couldn't wait for our normal movie routine of Sunday matinees. Not this time. Not for the Merc with the Mouth.
So we went to the special seven o'clock showing of Deadpool. Let me tell you, I laughed so hard I peed my pants. Not shitting you.
If you know nothing about the character of Deadpool, aka Wade W. Wilson, then first-off you need to understand that THIS IS NOT A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN. This is very much an adult flick. Think Beverly Hills Cop, Wedding Crashers, and/or Lethal Weapon. Just because Ryan Reynolds is in spandex does not mean this is a kiddie flick like Spider-Man or The Avengers.
* * *
* * *
1) Ryan Reynolds nailed Deadpool's insanity, inability to die, and omni-sexuality.
2) The totally inappropriate adult humor.
3) Ryan Reynold's gratuitous full-frontal.
4) Guest appearances by Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
5) Lots more shots of Ryan Reynolds shirtless.
6) 20th Century Fox has already green lit the sequel, which will have Cable.
7) Stan Lee's most hilarious and inappropriate cameo yet.
8) Have I mentioned Ryan Reynolds?
1) They made Angel Dust a bad guy, which she wasn't in the comics.
2) NTW now has powers somewhere between Cannonball/Havok/Jubilee instead of her precog abilities. In fact, DH thought she WAS Jubilee at first.
3) We didn't get to see Vanessa as her alter ego Copycat.
Okay, I admit the cons are my itty-bitty fangirl nits to pick. Overall, I give Deadpool 10 out of 10.
According to the United State Federal Trade Commission regulations, I am required to notify you that may have a financial interest in the all products mentioned on this website.
According to Amazon Affiliates Terms & Conditions, I am required to inform you that I, or other affiliates, may receive advertising revenue from Amazon when you click on an Amazon link and purchase an item from Amazon.
(c) 2009-2018 by Suzan Harden. Powered by Blogger.