Friday, April 22, 2016

When One of Your Idols Passes

Yesterday was a very sucky day. I'm still fighting the lingering effects of the flu, but when I got up the passing of Prince Rogers Nelson was all over the news. I wanted it to be one of those false reports. I mean, look how many times Betty White has supposedly passed.

Already rumors are swirling, but here's the thing: when you get to a certain age, when you have chronic physical problems, the flu can be deadly. Especially if you're a workaholic.

I'm lucky. I have family that has no problem taking the computer away from me, and insisting that I rest. I doubt if Prince had someone like that. Someone willing to say no when he pushes himself too hard.

Next Monday, I'll be working. But it'll be hard to listen to my usual music without crying.


No comments:

Post a Comment