Monday, February 12, 2018

Tax Time!

One of the joys of owning my own business is when tax time rolls around.

NOT!

Actually, I try very hard to make sure everything is labelled appropriately, so I can just run the reports and send them to my CPA. Inevitably though, something doesn't match up, and I have to dig through receipts to fix it in the accounting database.

So here's your friendly reminder for my fellow U.S. writers that you still have file a return even if you didn't make any money on your books.

Especially if you didn't make money on your books. You can still take the losses (in most instances) on your taxes, and the IRS won't demand money you don't owe them.

So today, I'm gathering and double-checking everything before I send it to Ed the CPA.

And for everyone who keeps checking the Justice tab here and on my main website, let's just say you have a nice Valentine's Day present coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment