Friday, October 19, 2018

Proofing the Proofs

Last week was spent getting ready for the writing workshop at our local library. This week I buckled down to go through the paperback proof copies of A Modicum of Truth and Sacrificed.

The e-books were published way back in February and March of this year. I'd ordered the paperback proof copies and took AMoT with me on our Easter trip to Nashville. I even managed to get through the first 100 pages while Genius Kid drove.

When we got back from Nashville, I turned on the afterburners to finish the first draft of Hero De Facto. It was done on April 16th. However, the next day was my first biopsy. The paperback proofs got shoved to the corner of my desk and were subsequently buried under a  mound of medical records, cancer literature, and doctors' bills.

I'm slowly but surely getting things taken care of and paperwork filed. But with CreateSpace's upcoming merger with KDP Print, I want to get these paperbacks finalized before the switchover, which could be any time now.

So I pulled them out of the pile and started reading through them.

And now I really want to write the next books in each series. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Some writer friends of mine have gotten less than optimal books from the new Kindle paper thingy. :/ As in, following all the specs, margins go way too close to both the right and left sides of the page. Not sure yet whether that's how it's supposed to be or just some glitch that hit a few people; they're collecting more data. [sigh] But yeah, you probably want to get through Createspace. I know a lot of people just saying fuckit and going to Ingram.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, someone I know posted pictures of how effed up her order was from KDP Print. And that was just the covers! It definitely helped light the fire under my butt.

      Delete