Friday, April 5, 2019

TGIF!, Part Deux

Another crazy week at Casa Harden is coming to a close.

Poor GK returned from the testing facility not enlisted in the Army. He failed one stupid little balance test. One, that with his height, he'll never pass no matter how much he practices because his center of gravity is too high. GK returned home sorely disappointed.

However, his recruiter, not wanting to lose a valuable asset especially with record low volunteers, has started the paperwork for a waiver. He texted GK yesterday to confirm this. GK then proceeded to boogey through the apartment for the next two hours.

In the meantime, I've been focusing on Camp NaNo to keep from spazing about GK's future and my own upcoming medical tests. It's the first anniversary of my cancer diagnosis, so I'll be scanned and stabbed in an effort to make sure a few cells haven't created a new home somewhere else in my body. Of course, those all start the week Hero Ad Hoc drops.

Tomorrow, I'm making nachos for dinner and we'll watch the Final Four games. And we'll try to have a quiet family weekend at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment