Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Sprinting through the Pandemic

I admit it. Getting words done while the world is disintegrating around me has been difficult for the last six months.

So I've been trying something new. I've been doing writing sprints with just a few friends online. We're only writing in twenty-minute stretches for a few hours, but I've been getting in a lot more words in those short sprints.

Why?

1) Part of it is breaking the stupid myth in my own head that I need a solid block of two hours to get anything done.

2) I feel more comfortable writing with people I know even if we do live hundreds of miles apart.

3) The sprinting got my competitive streak going. Not with the other writers, but with myself.. If I could do 100 words in that sprint, can I do 150 in the next?

I'm not going this is the end-all, be-all solution for everyone. For me being trapped at home under quarantine for the last two weeks, this has helped immensely.

So don't be afraid to experiment with your daily routines. You never know what you might discover about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment