Friday, August 13, 2010

I Love It When the Writing Comes Together**

Currently reading - Dark and Stormy Knights, edited by P.N. Elrod

In the midst of lunch and business gossip with Christie and typing several pages on the new manuscript yesterday, I, um, well...

Let's be honest here. I forgot to write an effing post. Ironically, I love that feeling though. When I get so lost in the story that GK stands next to me with a pathetic Oliver Twist look at 7 PM and says, "Mom, are you making dinner soon or can I have some chocolate?"

(See? Chocolate. Proof that there was no switching at birth.)

Before anyone thinks I starve my kid, I'll have you know that a family council was held. The mutual decision was s'mores, then Next Gen, followed by chicken pesto pasta.

Anyway, I've finally hit the roll. The characters are established, the plot is rising and dipping like a proper rollercoaster should, and I'm having fun because the writing process feels like I'm reading a brand-new story for the first time.

I can't wait to see what happens next!


**With all due respect to various incarnations of Col. Hannibal Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment