Monday, August 2, 2010

Why Do I Blog?

Currently reading - Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson

First of all, a BIG CYBER WAVE to all the new folks following me.

The title's a rhetorical question. As I close in on the first anniversary of this blog, I realize my reasons for blogging have changed multiple times in the last eleven months.

It started as an experiment in building a platform. But my posting was erratic at best as I juggled two jobs and a writing schedule with homeschooling GK for the first time. (For the new folks, GK refers to Genius Kid, my ten-year-old son. And believe me, I wish I was joking about the genius part.

One of my secular New Year resolutions was to commit to blogging on a regular basis. I'd use my morning posts as a warm-up for slogging through my wip for two hours while GK worked on reading and spelling. This exercise was good for keeping me focused.

But over the summer, things have changed yet again. Maybe because I'm taking more chances (like approaching NYT Best-Selling authors to guest star on my blog). Maybe because my terminal reticence in dealing with other humans isn't so terminal when there's a layer of cyberspace to cushion the interaction (lMeeting some cool people I would never have met otherwise helps). Maybe it's just nice to talk with other writers and book lovers who understand the joy of a good story.

I think the primary goal of any blogger is to keep their readers informed and entertained, and I hope I'm doing that for y'all. (God, I've lived in Texas too long.)

So, out of curiosity, what do you folks expect from a good blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment