Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recharging the Imagination, Part 2

Currently re-reading - Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Back on February 1st, I did a little post on Recharging the Imagination.  Unfortunately, Monday's meltdown would not be solved by a quick Tullycraft fix.

I'm blessed to have good people in my life who can bluntly say, "Step away from the manuscript!"

So yesterday, between cleaning bathrooms and the Day Job, I watched The Craft and Speed.  Both movies have their flaws, but they're stories I love to watch over and over again.

Today started with thunderstorms.  (I swear--Houston cannot just have rain.  This city manages to turn any weather into an event.)  Since it's my day off from the Day Job, I'm going to curl up on the couch with a cup of green tea and finish Storm Front.  (Insert 'Baaaaa!' here for the sheep joke.)  Then tonight, I'm going to be totally lazy and order pizza.

I won't look at the current wip until Friday when I have my rare three-day weekend.  Think that will give the gray matter enough rest?

What do y'all do to recharge?

3 comments:

  1. I take a break and watch some movies as well. Romance movies seem to do the trick (since I write Romance).

    ReplyDelete