This is the movie I've been waiting for all summer, and it didn't disappoint. Yes, it's really bad when I've had a crush on an anthropomorphic raccoon for thirty years. Director James Gunn and his people hit all the right notes and perfectly captured the entire team's personalities.
1) Bradley Cooper did an excellent job as Rocket. He conveyed the heart as well as the raccoon's rapid banter.
2) As Groot, Vin Diesel's entire repetoire consisted of four words, and like Dr. Seuss, he did sooo much with what he had to work with.
3) The story hit all the right beats from each of the characters' growth arc to the fear of losing everything to stop Ronan.
4) Two words - Nova Corps! Does this mean we may have another series in development?
5) You have to stay for the cameo at the end! I don't know if it was supposed to be smoke from the wreckage of the Collector's ship or it really was a hidden cigar the character was holding, but I laughed my ass off.
Yes, there is only one con. An editing glitch at the beginning of the climax. Seriously, that was the only problem in an absolutely terrific movie!
This is one of the parts of the Marvel franchise that could have been seriously screwed up, but the producers, director, cast and crew honored the title and characters. I can't wait for the sequel, which already has a tentative release date on July 28, 2017.
I give this movie a 10 out of 10 for sheer sci-fi action fun!
According to the United State Federal Trade Commission regulations, I am required to notify you that may have a financial interest in the all products mentioned on this website.
According to Amazon Affiliates Terms & Conditions, I am required to inform you that I, or other affiliates, may receive advertising revenue from Amazon when you click on an Amazon link and purchase an item from Amazon.
(c) 2009-2018 by Suzan Harden. Powered by Blogger.