Monday, October 30, 2017

Sinking into the Plushy Goodness of My Recliner

We have new downstairs neighbors who like to smoke. A lot. So much so that the smoke permeates our apartment. Genius Kid and I started to have respiratory problems. Thanks to a recommendation from Jo in California, we bought an air purifier for GK's bedroom. It made such a huge difference for him we bought a bigger unit for the living room/dining room. It arrived Saturday. Murphy, what a difference!

Unfortunately, the smoke damage was already done to the sinuses and lungs, making them more vulnerable. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat caused by a lovely viral infection. Needless to say, I didn't make it to the movies this weekend. This morning, GK texted from school that he also feels like shit, but he's going to try to stick out the day.

So right now, I'm curled up in my recliner with my birthday pumpkin spice latte. I'm going to try to make some headway on A Modicum of Truth, but with the pounding in my head, I'll probably take a nap or veg out to Supernatural.

We'd planned to go out tonight to one of my favorite restaurants, a little hole in the wall with good food and even better strawberry margaritas, but I don't think I'm going to be up for that. I thought maybe I'd be up to making pumpkin pie, but the run to Starbucks wore me out.

So we'll put off birthday dinner, drinks, and pie for a weekend that I'm a little more upright. In fact, I think I'll go take that nap now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it was your birthday? Crap! Happy B-Day! [hugz]

    Major suck about the smoke. :( If that were us, Jim would probably have our place on the market already. I'm glad the purifiers are working for you, at least.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO worries, girl! It definitely did not feel like my birthday. LOL We had a great debate about moving when our lease was up at the beginning of the month, but the guys wanted to stick with our original plan, which was to stay here until GK graduates in May.

      Delete
  2. Ah, if your kid is close to graduation, then I can see wanting to stay. [nod] My parents got divorced when I was about to start my senior year in high school, and I really didn't want to move. We had a place to go -- my grandparents had passed away a year earlier, and my mom inherited their house, in a nearby town. (We lived in south San Jose, and they lived in Cupertino, in the Bay Area.) Luckily the judge agreed that I shouldn't have to move to a new school so close to graduation, so my mom and my brother and I got to stay in our house until June, rather than do the sell/split right away. That would've sucked. :(

    Angie

    ReplyDelete