It looks like a rumble in the e-book jungle is on the horizon. Check out Tobias Buckell's breakdown in the potential Amazon v. Apple smack-down. He says it much better than I ever could.
Good grief! I really shouldn't try to post an answer after a six-hour shift at the Day Job.
What I tried to say was I know where your girlfriend's coming from, Tess. Everyone's realizing the e-book market potential and trying to grab a slice of the pie.
CC and I have an ongoing discussion about what a difference five years makes between her options and mine as far as career choices go.
It's like the Chinese blessing/curse--May you live in interesting times. LOL
Kickstarter Friday
-
Some Fun Campaigns I Think Work… It is Kickstarter season again, with lots
of new and fun campaigns. I’ve been doing this every Friday now for a long
time....
Happy Hump Day!
-
I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I've crossed off a number of items
on this week's To-Do list, and other people keep adding new items. *sigh*
Anyw...
Free Fiction Monday: Playing with Reality
-
For the first time, Charles Myloft Martin the Third shows up at a storied
Georgia golf course without her father. And learns that even in the 21st
century,...
Six months of using a Svalboard keyboard
-
About six months ago I blogged about my Christmas gift to myself: a
Svalboard keyboard. It’s a very non-standard design, very science-fictional
looking. I ...
Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale!
-
In my efforts to edit and write yesterday, I totally forgot to post this
announcement!
Yes, I'm participating in this year's Smashwords July sale! Every n...
AI and Creative Professions
-
I've been wrestling with this for a while, and I am aware that the
ambiguity in this post is palpable.
AI isn't going anywhere, and I find it amazingly use...
The War On Tomatoes
-
*The war on drugs is a joke. We spend $40 billion a year, and the proof
that it's a failure is that any kid can get almost any drug they want in
any c...
Awesome Con 2019
-
For DC-area readers: I will be at Awesome Con in Washington, DC this
Friday, April 26th! I will be part of a panel on “Law and Order in Comics”
along with ...
Uncanny Magazine Issue One
-
First issue! Featuring new fiction by Maria Dahvana Headley, Kat Howard,
Max Gladstone, Amelia Beamer, Ken Liu, and Christopher Barzak, classic
fiction b...
According to the United State Federal Trade Commission regulations, I am required to notify you that may have a financial interest in the all products mentioned on this website.
According to Amazon Affiliates Terms & Conditions, I am required to inform you that I, or other affiliates, may receive advertising revenue from Amazon when you click on an Amazon link and purchase an item from Amazon.
A girlfriend that's encouraging me to self-epub keeps telling me to get in now before the sellers change their percentages!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood grief! I really shouldn't try to post an answer after a six-hour shift at the Day Job.
ReplyDeleteWhat I tried to say was I know where your girlfriend's coming from, Tess. Everyone's realizing the e-book market potential and trying to grab a slice of the pie.
CC and I have an ongoing discussion about what a difference five years makes between her options and mine as far as career choices go.
It's like the Chinese blessing/curse--May you live in interesting times. LOL