Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog Traffic and Sales Growth

Wow!  You folks blew me away.

Why, you ask?

Because
last night, y'all beat my second place monthly record for visits to my blog.

You see, I started WW&W on September 6, 2009.  Slowly and surely, readership grew, but I had two major spikes in my monthly stats.  The first, and still number one, record was a contest for Christie Craig's book Shut Up and Kiss Me back in April of 2010.  The second was the contest for a quartet of Carly Phillips books in July.

More people visited WW&W this month than July of 2010.  No gimmicks.  No contests.  Just me laying it out and hopefully y'all getting something entertaining and educational out of my ramblings.

What can you take from all this?  If you've gone indie or are planning to, you've got to be patient.  Sales won't happen overnight.  I'm only repeating J.A. Konrath and Dean Wesley Smith's wisdom, but you have to focus on the long tail.

And damn, I'm looking at an eighteen-month tail where only DH and my crit partners looked at that first post.

So, don't get discouraged, folks!  If I can grow this blog's readership, you can grow yours for your books.

Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment