Wednesday, January 31, 2018

State of the Writing Address

My awesome plan to put out a bunch of books in 2018 has already hit a snag. For some reason, A Modicum of Truth has turned into a 100K+ opus. It is the longest book I've ever written, and it doesn't look like the third book in the Justice series will be any shorter.

For once in my life, I actually feel sorry for George R.R. Martin.

On the plus side, I did send the files to my formatter yesterday at exactly 5:00 p.m. EST. The second novel in the Justice series may not be out in January as planned, but it will be released shortly.

Today, I'll get back to the edits on Sacrificed, but last night, I worked a little bit on Hero De Facto. I needed something a little lighter to cleanse the writing palate before burying myself back in the Bloodlines universe. Between the intensity of the Justice series and the black moment of Bloodlines' overall story arch, I definitely needed a mental break.

The next step I'm considering as publisher is whether or not to use pre-orders. Amazon's rules are pretty sticky. A lot stickier than the other retailers. And I'm still not very good a estimating my time in this career, as shown by the delays in getting A Modicum of Truth out.

Let's see how I do on editing Sacrificed over the next couple of weeks. However, I am shooting for releasing it thirty days after A Modicum of Truth.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, go you in finishing! :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL So am I! I didn't expect it to be such a monster! And it doesn't look like the next book will be any shorter.

      Delete