Monday, October 26, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 230 - It's Not Going to Stop Until Everyone Takes This Virus Seriously

Over 8.7 million confirmed cases. Nearly 229,000 deaths. And this is in the United States alone.

Yet, so many of my fellow citizens still don't take this pandemic seriously.
 
Two weeks ago, I made a dash to West Virginia. A cousin had to have surgery. It was a laprascopic procedure, so the down time would be minimal, but she needed someone at home with her for a few days.

So many, so, SO many people weren't wearing masks on that. And they can't figure out why the coronavirus is surging in that part of the state.
 
But me? I still had the travel pack from the Texas dash in August. Disposable masks, latex gloves, and a huge bottle of sanitizer. I got weird looks, but I didn't care. My life, my cousin's, and DH's were more important to me.

The whole situation makes me sad. This pandemic should never have been politicized or lied about by national officials. The American eople needed timely accurate information to protect themselves.

And now, we have a huge number of people dead who shouldn't be.

COVID-19 is not going to magically go away, not matter how much we wish it would. The FIL's assisted living center has stopped visitation for the third time in the last eight months. They aren't taking any chances. No one should. It isn't worth your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment