Friday, January 8, 2021

The Second Civil War

Last century, I took an oath three times to uphold the United States Constitution: when I was sworn in as an attorney in Texas, when I was sworn in as an attorney in Ohio, and when I was sworn in to the U.S. Federal Court system.

Wednesday afternoon, it really did feel like last century.

I got out of bed and did a few miscellaneous admin tasks, like writing a post for this blog. An hour and a half later, armed terrorists broke into the U.S. Capitol in an attempted coup of our duly elected government.

Make no mistake. That's exactly what it was. Five people died, including a police officer who passed away from injuries inflicted by these terrorists four hours before I started typing this.

What happened yesterday is no different that what Al Qaeda and the Taliban do--rule through fear and threats.

This is not what America is about. I'm not saying we're perfect. Goddess knows, there's a ton of crap we can improve on. But killing people and threatening others is not the way.

And despite these terrorists attempts to subvert our government, the U.S. flag still flies over the Capitol. Congress did its job by counting the electoral votes, and they confirmed the duly elected president.

Invariably, there will be someone who thinks an entertainer, like myself, shouldn't talk about politics. But this is no longer political. This is about the soul of our country and who we want to be.

Personally, I want to vote and speak my mind, rather than live in a Third-world banana republic were thugs make the decisions. What do you want?


NOTE: I'll leave comments on for now, but the first one that supports terrorism will be deleted, and comments section will be shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment