Monday, November 22, 2021

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 622 - No Justice in the U.S.

Known COVID-19 cases in the U.S. -  47,701,872
Known COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. - 771,013

Despite my best efforts, things have been depressing as hell lately. I'm depending on CBD and melotanin in order to sleep. I barely leave my house. And it's frustrating because most of the situations are simply out of my control.

Once upon a time, I used to be an attorney. There was a time when I really believed in truth, justice, and the American way.

Not anymore.

This pandemic has shown a glaring light on all the iniquities and injustices in our society. And rather than make the effort to fix things, there are people fighting to make things worse. They want things worse because they think it gives them power. They want things worse to protect themselves.

But our society is teetering on the edge because the foundation is so rotten.

Can we as a nation fix this? Do we even want to?

I'm taking baby steps to do the right things, be generous with my time, without burning myself out more than I already am. My name is Suzan, and I have pandemic and social justice fatigue.

But that's nothing compared to the suffering of others.

So I'm asking you all to help where you can and show a little kindness to others.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment