Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A Change in the Air

A couple of days ago, I stood at the kitchen sink. The window overlooks the neighbor's backyard. There's a small tree by his deck, and the leaves had already turned yellow. As I watched, the small tree dropped nearly every leave, a la the Whomping Willow in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I thoroughly expected the tree to shake itself in order to dislodge the last few stragglers clinging to its branches.

The tree reminded me the warm days are coming to an end. I've stocked up on tea and coffee. I found some sugar-free peppermint mocha and pumpkin spice creamers. It's time for spilling words on cold days with a warm puppy on my lap.

Speaking of which, I need to go finish up a novel now that a huge chunk of furniture is out of the father-in-law's old Victorian. I'm so ready for the physical break.


No comments:

Post a Comment