Monday, December 12, 2022

Monday Movie Mania - Ticket to Paradise

I attended this movie with my friend Becky when I visited her in Missouri. We tried to get together for my birthday weekend, but the plans fell through at the last minute because of her work schedule.

Ticket to Paradise is a cute, little romcom reuniting George Clooney and Julia Roberts as their characters deal with their daughter's upcoming nuptials to a man and a lifestyle they think is wrong.

 

*****

SPOILERS

*****

 

PROS

1) George and Julia still have the chemistry they had in the Ocean's series. In fact, David and Georgia come across as Danny and Tess twenty years after their second divorce.

2) Billie Lourd steals the movie as Lily's best friend Wren.

3)  A hat tip to Lucas Bravo's performance as Georgia's boyfriend Paul. I actually felt sorry for the character when Georgia dumps him to rekindle things with her ex.


CONS

1) It's a fun Saturday night popcorn movie you won't remember two days later.

 

Overall, I give Ticket to Paradise 5 out of 10 stars. It's not bad, but it's not memorable either. Wait until it hits a streaming service to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment