Friday, March 29, 2024

Easter Weekend and an Eclipse

It's going to be a wild couple of weekends here in Northwestern Ohio.

This weekend is Easter, and we live in the Midwest. What does that mean? Kroger was pretty much wiped out when we went to get groceries tonight. And candy is already on sale 50% off.

Don't worry. I only bought four Reese's Eggs and a bag of Reese's pieces for our little treat. I may even make creamed eggs and toast for Sunday breakfast. I surprised the hell out of my mother-in-law years ago by making it when they came down to Houston for the holiday. She hadn't had creamed eggs since she was a little girl.

I admit I miss coloring eggs with Genius Kid. And creating a treasure hunt to keep him occupied for an extra hour while DH and I slept.

The following weekend will be even more nuts with tourists arriving for the solar eclipse. RVs are already lining up in spaces on the fairgrounds for the big celestial event. The mayor and county commissioners are anticipating fifty thousand to one hundred thousand visitors in Hancock County alone.

In our case, DH and I will slap on some sunscreen and watch from the bench on our front porch. Or we might move the bench to the end of the drive, fill a couple of coolers and hang with the neighbors.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the rain moves out of the area and skies are clear on the day of this once in a lifetime event.

No comments:

Post a Comment