Friday, September 18, 2026

What a Friday!

A friend of mine calls Friday "Fri-YAY!" She works a conventional nine-to-five office job, so five p.m on Friday mean she's able to d what SHE wants. Not what the boss wants.

When you work for yourself, it's not always that simple.

There's a lot of good things about it, like arranging your schedule to suit your own needs. I'm not a morning person. My husband doesn't understand I'm still waking up when I come out of the bedroom. Instead of giving me some space, he acts like Barney the dinosaur on coke.

And I don't mean the shit bottled in Atlanta. 

Back when I worked the conventional nine-to-five, I couldn't tell my day-walker co-workers to fuck off when they acted like this.

Another good thing is when I have insomnia or a sinus infection like I did three weeks ago, I can actually rest.

Then there are other times when I have deadlines.

Like this month.

And the hubby wants to play.

*sigh*

So, I took advantage of a local event and sent him on a playdate with some of his friends.

And for some strange reason I made my daily wordcount before midnight today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment