Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Changes in Retailers - Draft2Digital

I think I mentioned nearly a year ago that Draft2Digital ("D2D") changed their terms and conditions regarding entry into their garden and their payment threshold. But frankly, I'm too overwhelmed to double-check older posts, so I'll repeat the salient points.

1) If you didn't already have an account by the end of 2025, you had to pay D2D $20US to enroll in their program.

2) If you don't make $100 in royalties each year, you will be charged $12US per year to continue using their program.

3) You will not be paid until they've accumulated $10US in royalties.

I only distribute to Smashwords through D2D thanks to their buy-out of Smashwords. And guess what? Suzan Harden hasn't sold a singled blessed thing on Smashwords in 2026. Not even during the Christmas in July sale.

Frankly, it ain't worth continuing, so I'll take my current offerings off sale next month.

Alter Ego has sold a handful of volumes, but royalties have not reached $12, much less the $100 necessary to avoid being charged. Unless something changes radically, I'll be taking those offerings off sale in December.

So, it's time to get on the Old Town Road and find some greener pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment