Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things Writers Hate to Write

Currently reading - Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon

For some, it's the dreaded query. For others, it's the soul-sucking synopsis. For me, it's the series blurb.

I'm not saying I find queries and synopses easy to draft. They are difficult in their own right. But I'm usually writing these AFTER I've written the book. Boiling down the essence of something that exists is far easier to me than discovering the essence of something that doesn't exist yet.

And that's the job of a series blurb, to convey what might happen to my heroine if I happen to write the second or third book.

I know this is something I will have to do once I have a multi-book contract. Until then, I will have to learn how to pull things out of my butt as my c.p. Faye would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment