WINNER!! Tess St. John has won the $25 VISA gift card! Thanks to everyone who commented!
Please welcome guest blogger and romantic suspence author Terri Molina!
When Suzan approached me and asked if I’d like to do a guest blog here, I jumped on it and said, "Sure, I’d love to."
Then, minutes later, I panicked...oh dang...what am I supposed to blog about??
I’m not really a good blogger (and if you hunt down my own blog, you’ll notice I post something every other month or so). It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say, in my own head, I just don’t transfer it to screen very well. Thankfully that’s not the case with my novels...at least I hope not. Then she said it would go up August 31st. That date didn’t quite register until now....holy cow the year is almost over!! Doesn’t it seem like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year? What is it about getting old that makes the time fly by so fast?? Yesterday I was 35....really, I’ve been 35 for the past 15 years....and now, though it pains me to admit it....I’m 50! The only thing that keeps me from becoming too depressed about that number is...some of you are older than me!! haha
So...now that I’m a half-century (that sounds so much older, doesn’t it?) you have to assume I’m much wiser, right? Well then, let me impart some wisdom I’ve learned over the years. We’ll call it my list of how to survive your own stupidity. I’d say top ten list....but I can’t think of ten things, which means I’m not as wise as I thought. Oh, and just let me add....I didn’t really do any of these things. *cough*
1. Don’t wear a thong to the beach if you’re more than 30 pounds overweight....that’s just gross.
2. Don’t flip off the driver in another car when they cut you off on the highway....it could be an unmarked police car.
3. If you live in a desert state (like Arizona) make sure you wear plenty of deodorant....and carry extra in your purse...or ‘man-bag’. hah
4. Don’t buy chocolate and leave it in the car in the middle of a heat wave.
5. Don’t use dish soap (like Dawn) in the dishwasher.
6. When you go on vacation....remember to pack your underwear.
7. When attending a book signing, don’t tell the best-selling author you love their work then add...except your new stuff.
8. If you’re playing pool and drinking a beer with a slice of lime, don’t use the lime to chalk the cue stick.
9. If you have a cargo holder on the roof of your van...don’t go through a carwash.
Okay, so I came up with nine things...I was close. How many more can you add?
And, if you can guess which one I did, I’ll put you in a drawing for a $25 Visa gift card.
Please leave your guess in the comments. Terri will be drawing a name for the gift card on Monday, September 3rd.
Terri's latest book is Dark Obsession. It's now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and iTunes. For more information about Terri and her books, visit her website.
Ramon (Ray) Chavez, a 33 year old farmer from the Rio Grande Valley doesn’t believe in visions or omens or the mysticism of his Mexican/Indian heritage. When he’s awakened by the spirit of this great-grandmother with a message that something is coming, Ray passes it off as a bad dream. But he may just reconsider his position when he finds Lexie Solis stranded on the edge of town, in search of a new life. Ray feels an instant attraction, as well as a connection, to the skittish young woman, and he pursues a relationship with her.
But what Lexie doesn’t tell Ray or his family, is that she is on the run from an abusive ex-boyfriend and he may be more powerful than even she wants to believe. When Lexie is assaulted by an unseen force, they learn that the man she is hiding from is a master of the dark arts and his obsession with Lexie goes beyond his need to control her; he wants to possess her soul as well. As their past lives parallel, Lexie’s only hope for salvation is in Ray’s hands. But can he accept his destiny in time to save the woman he loves as well as his own life?
An Acceptance, in rough times
1 hour ago