Monday, July 27, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 138 - Americans Think They're Invulerable

We're seeing the fallout of the Fourth of July partying in our county. One of the prime culprits was a party at the local Amvet post. 200 people, inside, no masks.

*facepalm*

And as I typed the above paragraph, my father-in-law called DH. A COVID-19 case was documented at my father-in-law's assisted living facility. There goes the guys' carefully planned visit for this week.

So many people still believe this pandemic is a hoax. Or they do until someone they love catches it. Or they catch it themselves.

I have fucking cancer, and I still wouldn't wish COVID-19 on my worst enemy. I've seen friends who've survived it (via video calls). It ain't pretty in it's so-called flu form. Now, imagine if you or a loved ends up with holes in your lungs or blood clots that can and will cause heart attacks and strokes.

Yesterday, a good friend volunteered to go down to Texas with me to see GK. She's one of the smartest people I know, and I get that she's going stir crazy, but I'm not heading to Texas any time soon. Besides, GK's base is on lockdown. We couldn't see him if we wanted to, and I don't relish being shot by an MP while trying to enter the base in the middle of a lockdown. That's not even getting into the hotspot hell Texas is right now.

No one is invulnerable to this virus, people! We're probably going to top 150K dead by the end of the day. Yes, it sucks. It sucks for everyone. But it'll suck a lot worse if you don't use preventative measures.

So I'm sticking with my plan, hiding in my apartment, and doing the same writing and editing I've been doing for the last five months.

Y'all take care y'hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment