Monday, July 20, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 131 - Sticking to a Schedule

While working from home for the last eight years, I already had a problem with the days being indistinguishable. I mean other than DH working a traditional job and having the weekends off. But the effect seems to be amplified with so much shut down or limited because of the coronavirus.

Even worse, DH was literally ordered to take some vacation time by not just his boss, but some other upper managers and executives at his company. I'm kind of glad because he's had a major case of the doldrums.

But by the same token, DH has been lecturing me about MY stress levels and taking the weekends off.

I admit I was very stressed since my return flight from Vegas right at the start of the pandemic. But things have eased a bit by sticking to a schedule. Getting up at a consistent time for the most part (gabbing on the phone until four in the morning did not help over the weekend). Setting how many words per day I need to reach thanks to the tools at Camp NaNoWriMo. Leaving the afternoons for editing. And taking breaks to watch Scorpion, Supernatural, and The Big Bang Theory.

I need some comfort watching right now, and it definitely helps.

Now, I need to finish A Twist of Love so I can read the latest volume of the Dresden Files, Peace Talks. DH finished it yesterday, and he was giggling a lot over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment