Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Pain, Presents, and Pinwheels

It's been a crazy month at the new Casa Harden. I'm learning the hard way I can't do everything I used to do. My joints and muscles are barking with my immuno-compromised issues. And worse, my CBD has been back-ordered for over a month. Even when the shop gets it in, I'll be lucky to get it before the new year.

That's not a slam on the shop, their supplier, or the delivery folks. Every business is having some sort of trouble thanks to COVID-19. For those of you trying desperately to do your work plus that of your ill coworkers, I salute you.

It's simply that the naproxen isn't making it's usual dent, acetominophen does nothing for me, aspirin aggravates my acid reflux, and ibuprofen interferes with my high blood pressure medicine.

And this is why old people are grumpy. LOL

Unfortunately between the move and the shipping delays, I didn't get presents out to everyone I intended. So a lot of friends will be getting New Year's presents this year. Even the people for whom I did get orders out may not have their present before Friday. Alas, the poor delivery people have a zillion packages that everyone wants to send theirs NOW!

I'm glad I got the presents for the small children in my life sent back at the beginning of November.

The best thing is GK is home. I have fresh dates to make date pinwheels. So I have some cookie baking to do now that I know where the mixing bowls, the rolling pin, and the measuring utensils are.

And that's the thing I have to remember through this year's holidays. My family is safe and healthy and we're all working. May your own gods be watching over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment