Monday, July 26, 2021

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 503 - It's Still Here!

Believe me, folks! I know y'all wish it were over. I wish it was over, too. But we have half the country refusing to get vaccinated, so it isn't going to go away. The virus will continue to mutate. The Delta variant is inundating the country as I type this. Scientists are still trying to get a handle on it and the new Lambda variant.

Then there's everyone who's not vaccinated refusing to wear masks. The folks in the hospitals whisper-screaming, "FREEDOM!", while the medical staff is trying to shove a ventilator tube down their trachea in a desperate attempt to save their life. The idiots who are trying to own the "libs".

I'm vaccinated, but I've started wearing my masks again. It's the middle of a hot, muggy Ohio summer, and I'm still wearing my masks because I'm immuno-compromised and the dumbasses around me don't give a fuck whether I live or die.

Or worse, whether my newborn grandson lives or dies.

The level of selfishness amazes me. Especially when it includes my family and friends. When GK and SO bring Adorable Spawn to our house in October, we'll have a much smaller gathering than we planned because I refuse to let one person who's not vaccinated step into our house other Adorable Spawn and his cousin, who are both babies.

I was supposed to meet some friends in Vegas in November, but I'm questioning whether or not to go because there's one person who's refusing to get the damn vaccine, even though he's in worse shape than I am.

Yeah, I know there's some of you who can't take the damn vaccine. This rant isn't aimed at you. It's aimed at your friends and family who would put your life at risk because "FREEEEDAHM!"

1 comment: