Friday, September 24, 2021

I Hate Shots!

Fall is officially here, which means it's time for flu and pneumonia shots. That's become the new normal for me between my screwed up immune system and the fact I'm still considered an active cancer patient.

I got stabbed for the flu yesterday. Unfortunately, my doctor also ordered me to get a COVID-19 booster. Our county's infection numbers are shooting up because the Delta variant is rampaging through the area. Too many unvaxxed folks are on ventilators. There's only two hospitals in Hancock County so there's a limited number of beds.

I don't want to be one of them because break-thru infections are happening. I really wish some of my friends and family took this disease more seriously. I don't want to send out any more sympathy cards. I don't want to lose anyone. And I don't want to die either.

Take care of yourselves, folks. Get your shots if your doctor recommends them. Remember...

Winter is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment